Where necessary, we will forward your authorities to the relevant product providers. The additional details issued by the provider will be analysed with the information gathered at the initial meeting. We may need to revert back to you for further information and ask your permission to liaise with your other professional advisers (e.g. accountant, solicitor, investment managers etc).
We will undertake any necessary research to assist us in identifying appropriate plans and solutions which will help you to achieve your objectives. As part of our identifying appropriate solutions we will take into account areas such as;
- Your attitude to and understanding of the risks involved
- Timescales relevant to your objectives
- Appropriateness of products and investments, including types of fund, where these are invested and how these fit with products or investments you may already hold
- Tax efficient investments and planning*
- Costs and charges
- We will set out our recommendations in a financial planning report which we will then discuss with you.
*We will endeavour, wherever possible, to consider tax efficient opportunities and in this respect we will often wish to liaise with your tax advisers. Please note that the Financial Conduct Authority does not regulate tax advice.
The research and report preparation may typically take 3-6 weeks to complete. We will liaise with you during the preparation process to inform you of any delays.